Wednesday 18 November 2015

Speed Scrabble | 9/100

I bloody love Scrabble. I'm pretty average at it, but I love it. Sad thing is, it's so rare that I get to play. Mostly the husband gets frustrated with me putting low score words on Triple Word squares, or blocking them off entirely. I swear to geez, it's only because I don't have anywhere else to go. But because of that, he's reluctant to play that often. Also, games do end up lasting for hours, because we're so competitive and neither of us wants to lose to the other.

Granted, when you're playing for hours on end it can get a bit tedious. So I set myself a challenge. To play a game of Speed Scrabble during my lunch break.

I played on Facebook using the Scrabble app thing on there and fortunately got paired with someone (a randomer) who seemed keen to play fast too. 'Dots' followed 'Drag' followed by 'It'; we were steaming through the words, maybe not always with the highest point score, but the pace of the game kept it interesting.

'Squaw', 'Rex' and 'Brows' all made an appearance as we chewed through the digital tiles, me keeping one eye on the clock chasing a 222 point score. A passed turn and exchange of tiles meant I got to edge a bit closer.

Then BOOM! We were down to the last tiles and the score was 232 to my 227. It got to that stage of needing to get rid of all the higher point tiles, but we were both so limited to where we could put them. I managed 'Vogue', before she pipped me to the post by getting rid of her last few tiles in one hit.

Final score: 270 to my 263. Defeat, but fun. An interesting way to spend a lunch hour for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC