Thursday 12 January 2012

My new toy and other stuff

Today has been a whole other level of shit. Shall I tell you why?

Because I'm ill with a stupid fucking cold.

Today I bought this...

...which I'd hoped to cycle round London on because it's meant to be that last decent day of the mild weather before it gets cold, so I wanted to play with my new toy.

Instead I find myself in bed, aching all over, nose streaming, sinuses hurting, ears hurting and looking like someone punched me in both eyes and then not allowed me to sleep for 24 hours.

I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!

I'm shit at being ill, I may have said this before, but I'm especially shit at being ill when the day before I was all excited about something and then I've had that excitement snatched away from me all because some fucker on the same bus as me didn't bother to catch it, bin it, and kill it.

Obviously I've got very little work done today - it's difficult to put together a 1000 word article typing with just one hand while the other is holding a tissue to your nose - so instead I watched a lot of tele.

It seems the commercial companies knew I was ill because that bloody Boots advert with the two women who are sick with cold, running around town having to get stuff for their bed-ridden husbands who have man-flu, kept coming on.

Today, of all days, that advert made me mad. If those women were really that sick, like what I'm sick with and judging from the symptoms they're showing on the tv, it's very likely we have the same thing, they would not be out and about! Fucking martyrs my arse, they're showing us real sick and poorly women up in a bad light! In an attempt to get sympathy from the boyfriend, all I got was a reminder of that advert and told to "man up" and clearly I'm "suffering from 'man-flu'." Apparently he "couldn't resist" taking a dig.

Thanks to that advert, women can no longer be taken seriously when ill, when they need a duvet day, when they need fuss and attention and someone to make their lemsips for them because of fear of sneezing while holding a boiling kettle and scalding themselves. You may think it's just a cold, but there are real dangers out there when your head's fuzzy and full of mucus.

So, well done Boots, you've ruined it for every women ever!

RoseC -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC