Tuesday 13 December 2011

Grumpy young woman

You know when you have one of those days where nothing goes right; where the following 24 hours is full of complete failures no matter how hard you try? That has been my Monday into Tuesday.

It all started to go wrong when I burnt the outside of the sausages to go with my dinner, but they weren't cooked properly in the middle so I wasn't able to eat them. I love sausages (behave!) and like to think myself somewhat of a sausage connoisseur. I'd happily eat them with anything, even green eggs and ham, so I was - not wanting to be too over dramatic - devastated when I couldn't eat the sausages and had to settle for just bagel, beans and fried eggs. So upsetting...

My second fail came at 3am this morning when I managed to spectacularly smash a pint full of orange squash by completely missing my bedside table. Turning on my bedside light - which, if I'd been sensible, I should have done in the first place - there was Staropraman shards everywhere and a torrent of orange squash creeping it's way under my bed and down towards the wrapped Christmas presents I had out. Oh, for fuck sake. Effort. Clearing up glass, half asleep and bleary eyed isn't ideal. I'm surprised I didn't get a chunk of it lodged in my foot. I was too annoyed though that I knew I was in for a broken night's sleep and doomed to be grumpy today.

And lo and behold, I am. Unfortunately for the kids I had the patience and attention span of a gnat and they got the short end of it.  Especially when the Headteacher said this morning that we're not allowed to show DVDs this week, so there goes my lesson plans for Thursday and Friday. That and my colleagues peeved me greatly today. Was not in the mood to listen to the 'mother's gossip group' that seems to occur in our staff room. Cannot be doing with people that try to unnecessarily complicate matters or find issues where there really aren't any.

At the end of the day, when I just wanted to go home, I waited for the bus to discover that I was 20p short on my Oyster card and the driver wouldn't let me on. This resulted in a long walk in heels to the nearest shop to top up. When I finally made it home, I again managed to under cook my sausages for dinner, which was especially shit as it was bangers and mash; kind of an integral part of the dish really.

To top it all off, I found out that I didn't even get short listed for a job that I thought I'd be made for: an editorial assistant for a healthy food magazine. I'm healthy and I like food, how could they not have gleamed that? It just rounded off a naff 24 hours.  *Sigh* Nice day tomorrow please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC