Tuesday 20 December 2011

Setting the lance free!

Right, I may be jumping the gun a bit here as there are still many details to be sorted in regards to what I'm about to tell you, but I'm sure as you can deduce from this mega long first sentence, I'm a little bit excited!

It's been nearly a month since I made the decision to quit the school job and go out as a freelance writer and today I've finally got my first bite! After traipsing around Westfield shopping centre picking up last minute Christmas pressies, I returned home, opened up my email and found a message from an editor of an online magazine asking if I'd take on some news writing for the next couple of months for the site.

HELL YES!

The payment is quite small though.

I DON'T CARE!

I'm grinning from ear to ear that I'll have something else to add to my portfolio, and it's writing on a subject completely different to anything I've done before so I'm very excited as it'll really stretch me and be a challenge.

More than anything it's given me a real confidence boost; maybe I really can go out and do this freelance thing and make it work? Quitting the school was a risky decision - especially financially - but I've so made the right decision that mans I can start to make decisions to move my career in the direction I want.

Happy times. Drinks all round...

RoseC :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC