Thursday 26 May 2011

Dent in the bank balance

Well I was going to do a bit of descriptive writing today about the wonderful bike journey I make to and from work, and all the interesting things I see, but to be honest getting around on my bike today was bloody horrible.

Usually I take a nice leisurely ride into work, with a route through my local park, but there was such a storm force wind that I was riding into this morning that it made it horrible. It doesn't help that I have to tackle two fucking massive hills on the way into work, which is tough enough on a calm day. Trying to do that while riding into the wind was nigh on impossible. I was pretty much broken by the time I arrived at work at 7:30am.

After a day being out in PE and getting caught in a couple of showers, there was finally a break in the cloud at 3 o' clock and I thought, shit yeah I should make it home in one piece and miss any more rain.

Sadly mother nature had another idea and five minutes into my cycle home it pissed it down. Seven minutes into my ride I was soaked right through. I arrived home feeling pretty cold and disgruntled, but I'd booked myself in for a (long overdue) hair appointment, so had that pick me-up round the corner to make up for the fact that I'd been pissed on all day.

Got hair done, felt awesome, nice treat. Then needed to run an errand to my favourite cake shop in Soho, and while I was there I decided to indulge myself and get one for me. It's a chocolate cake with a penis on top. Only in Soho!

Leaving the cake shop I then spotted Ann Summers and thought, ahh sod it, I'll just have a look. Half hour later I possibly walked out with more items than I meant to - as in I didn't intend to spend anything - but fuck it. I hardly ever treat myself. I'm now trying really hard not to think about how much I've spent this evening, and to help me forget I got myself a chippy. Was soooo good.

I'm so used to scrimping and saving that I've forgotten how to indulge myself sometimes and I hate the pang of guilt I get after it. Even though I pretty much live hand to mouth at the moment, I am only 24 and I need to be able to enjoy some little things using the money that I work hard for rather than having to spend it all on rent and bills.

From here on in I will say YES to little pleasures and occasional indulgence!

Rose C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC