Wednesday 25 May 2011

Mayonnaise on toast does not taste good

Hectic times these last couple of days and there's been some frickin' awesome stuff going on, as well as some slightly less enjoyable realisations.

So lets get the down stuff out the way first; basically I don't think I'm going to be able to cross off Go to Australia from my 2011 list. Complete arse, but sadly me and The Boy didn't budget for the crazy ticket prices that the month of August seems to carry with it. Boo and hiss, BUT on the upside we've decided that we're going to take a little jaunt to Edinburgh.

You may be thinking "God, that's not nearly as exotic," but I'll have you know that I've never been to Scotland (or Ireland), so I'm looking forward to it. The cherry on top is that we'll be there during the Edinburgh Fringe and my lovely housemate is gigging up there so we'll get to see the shows she's written and directed. Very exciting.

Onto the frickin' awesome news: the first bit being that I've finally been assigned to a media studies class that I can work with each week. Like I said in an earlier post, going back and working within secondary media studies means I get the chance to completely geek out and with a bit of luck the kids may even learn something too!

Also, within the next month I will be able to cross off Have a feature/article commissioned by a publication because I've been asked to help out and write for a friend's new magazine. I'm jumping straight back into the health & beauty chair, much like my Scarlet days, and I feel like I'm being the most creative and proactive about my writing career than I have in ages. I'm loving it and I've barely even begun! Hopefully I'll be onto something good with this and then bigger life/career decisions may become apparent.

Loads to do and deadlines already looming, I'll try to post again soon, but advance apologies if it's another day or so before we chat again.

Rose C
-x-

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC