Monday 21 November 2011

The most organised EVER!

There aren't many occasions when I allow myself to feel smug and sit comfortably upon my high horse, but after this weekend I am totally going to bask in my awesomeness.

"Why the cockiness Rose?" I hear you cry. Well, it's because it's the middle of November and I'VE ALREADY DONE MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING! Boom! Thank you to those that are nodding in awe and giving me a slow clap because you appreciate how unorganised I usually am and know that Christmas gift buying is annually left until the week before X-Mas, but this year I've actually got my arse into gear. Winner.

Sorry to those of you who are now grimacing and cursing me thinking, 'It's only bloody November, what's she playing at? Grumble, grumble, grumble...' Well, usually I would agree with you that all Christmas related things should be limited to the month of December only, but I've had an overwhelming urge to just blitz the fucking lot of it this year! And blitz I have!

Granted, it's been intense and the shock horror of seeing my first HLTA pay cheque dwindle into nothingness as it gets spent out on everyone is pretty startling (is that how parent's always feel?), but I feel all warm and glowy that I've managed to sort Christmas mostly from the comfort of my own bedroom. I did attempt Oxford St on Saturday with the boyfriend and even coaxed him into thinking that going around Hamleys on a Saturday would be a good idea. It wasn't. Our trip in there was short lived, empty handed and I think I can count myself lucky that I'm still in a relationship.

So, while I'm feeling all formidable and indestructible, I'm wondering what hardcore thing I can tackle next? Christmas dinner shopping? Decorating the house? Compiling the Christmas card list?! Ha, yes I think the latter is it. Come 'ere you fun-size charity Crimbo cards, the festive season has definitely come early!

RoseC -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC