Monday 1 August 2011

Zoo Days!

Just over a year ago a couple of my very close friends asked me to be Godmother to their two youngest boys. Excited and honoured that they asked, because I'm very close to the family and love those kids loads, I of course said "yes". I take my role as a Godmum pretty seriously and although I'm in London I try to get back to Leicester as often as possible so I can see them at Christmas and birthdays, and I'll always do my best to teach them the right things and morals - although trying to teach a two year old morals is quite tricky. We've just about conquered the concept of sharing...oh and I also taught him how to safely make a cup of tea (don't worry I didn't let a toddler play with boiling water, that would be stupid).

But as well as having this big moral duty and responsibility to see them on the right path, because that's what I was told I had to do when I was 'sworn in', we also get to do lots of fun stuff to! So when I went back to Leic last week to visit the fam, I also got to go with the boys on a trip to Twycross zoo with their two older brothers and their mum. For Dom, who's five, the big thing he was looking forward to was the flamingos. Odd choice as those things have been there ever since I was his age and there are loads of bigger, more interesting animals, but kudos to him to picking something a bit more unusual and original! For the younger tyke it's was his very first trip to see the animals! And turns out he was particularly fascinated and amused by the Giant Tortoises and the "dinosaurs" - massive lizards. Very cool. Anyway, after this little intro I thought I'd do a bit of a picture blog today so you can see what we got up to at Twycross Zoo...

The youngest and his mum looking at the Prairie Dogs


Sleeping Leopard


Orangutan mum and her little baby. Aww.




Two big brother's and Dom looking at the highly anticipated flamingos!


Spectacled owls



Boys on the new elephant trail. Never had this at the zoo when I was little!


Bonobo monkey drinking from a bottle.

Boys looking at the penguins. That one actually fell in just after I took the photo much to the amusement of little Lauchlan.
  By the end of the day I was all "aww'd" out as there were loads of baby things around too. Seriously if I could have stolen a baby meerkat I would have!! Only disappointment of the day was not being able to see the new snow leopards and cubs because their area was being cleaned out. Rest of it was awesome, we saw loads. Now just bring on the paltypodes when I go to a zoo in Australia. Yess!

RoseC -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC