Tuesday 4 August 2015

Gwen & Gav?! Ah, that's sad news!

Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale have announced they've filed for divorce. And, as I'm only a month and a bit away from my own wedding, this news makes me feel kind of shitty.

Broadly speaking, I don't give much of a stuff when it comes to celebrity make ups and break ups. I put my lack of interest down to the fact that famous people change their partners far too often, so trying to keep up feels like a waste of time when the relationship is just a fad. While the internet was losing it's shit the other month over the break up of Ben Affleck and...[Google searches name]...Jennifer Garner with (sickening hyperbole) headlines such as 'True love is dead', I was still unsure as to when he got married? What films has Jennifer Garner been in that I've seen? And when the hell did BA split up with J-Lo?!

Ok, I jest on that last point, I'm not so out the loop, but I simply didn't care and don't care about most celeb couples ditching their other halves. Chris and Gwen, Louis and Nicloe and One Direction and Zayne, they all blinked past in a day's headline. This one though, struck a chord.

But why, Rose? WHY?! Well, I think it's a combination of things. I've been fans of both of them (musically over fashion) for years. I've had a crush on both of them for as long as I can remember and it's just kinda cool - in a totally fan girl sort of way - that these two cool famous people have got together and have managed to make it work for so long. It's not just a fad. Thirteen years they were together and they managed to avoid doing the shitty celebrity thing of forcing their relationship down everyones throats in a Kim & Kanye kind of way.

They are (or were) one of those stalwart celeb couples that even though you don't know them, you kind of think, 'Ah, Gwen and Gavin they're all together, super cool, and even though LTR's are effing hard work whether married or not, here's some extra proof that in this day and age of crazy fame and celebrity, there are still some still doing it'.

And then they're not doing it any more and it's a bit like, 'Oh'.

I'm not going all OTT dramatic. It's not like just because A couple that I don't even know have filed for divorce I've suddenly lost my faith in marriage, that would be crazy, but it's just a bit sad.

The silver lining, of course, is that these two beautiful people are now single and I literally have a wedding dress and a venue ready to go. Just sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond and share your thoughts on my writing.

Your comment will be posted shortly.

Cheers, RoseC